March 07, 2017 4:00PM
CAETS Executive Committee Telecom,
Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 4:00 PM (Madrid time)
Draft 5 February 2017
Members: Elias Fereres, President; Lucio Caceres, President-elect (phone); Ruth David, Secretary, Treasurer (nominated); Ann Dowling, Past President (phone).
Guests: Shane McHugh, Samantha Frost, RAEng (phone); Javier Perez de Vargas, Jaime Dominguez, Manuel Marquez, RAIng; William C. Salmon (phone).
- Welcome and Approval of agenda
- Approval of ExCom Summary Minutes of 12 September 2016. Comments on Board of Directors Summary Minutes of 12 September 2016 and Council Summary Minutes of 15 September 2016.
- Administrative Issues
- 2016 expenses within budget
- 2018 Board nominations expected: Pres-elect Sweden; Sec. Treas. NAE; Members NAE, AcTI.nl, IAS, HAE.
- 2019 Dues increase 3% ($1030, $3090, $6180)
- 2017 CAETS Convocation: “Challenges of the Bio-Economy”
a. RAIng planning for 2017 CAETS meetings, Nov. 13-16 (Monday – Thurs), Madrid;
Mon.- ExCom, BoD, Reception; Tue.-Wed. Convo; Thur. Council; Tours (M-Th, F ?);
b. Discussion topics Nov.16 Council meeting: Engineering Ethics; Big Data; Diversity
c. CAETS Going Forward
d. CAETS 2017 Statement
- 2018 CAETS Annual Meeting, Montevideo, September 10-14, Sustainable Development of Agroforestry Systems
- 2019 CAETS Annual Meeting, IVA, Stockholm
- London 2016 Statement(s)
- CAETS/WFEO Cooperation
- CAETS Committee on Energy: status of report; planning for next phase.
- New Business
- Next ExCom meeting: 10:00 AM November 13, 2017,
Royal Academy of Engineering, Palace of Marques de Villafranca, Madrid